I thought I’d take a break from regular programming on The Copy Detective to introduce myself a little more intimately. You may know me from a while back but if you’re new around here, Welcome!
These are some things that you (probably) won’t know about me and that you might find interesting. Or not!
- My nickname is Bill and has been since I was 14.
- My hair is naturally red.
- During high school, I tap danced my way to teaching qualifications. I thought it would be a good back up career.
- I’ve never had to rely on those tap dancing qualifications [thank god].
- I have a frustrating and uncontrollable blush response.
- I’m always surprised when people remember who I am [which makes me blush]
- I’m super impressed when people remember my name [which makes me blush]
- I am quite a show pony but I don’t like being the centre of attention [it makes me blush]
- I don’t like being caught unawares [it makes me blush]
- I am trying to get better at remembering people’s names using key facts about them. Unfortunately that kinda makes me look stalker-ish.
- I remember all words to the brownie-guides song I learnt when I was 10.
- I am getting quite good at yoga. Even if I do say so myself.
- I have never broken a bone nor do I have any allergies.
- I used to go to Johnny Young’s Talent School and perform in Brisbane’s Queen St Mall during school holidays *jazzhands*.
- I have two [much] older brothers although they moved out when I was little so I have the selfishness of an only child.
- My first concert was The Village People [expo 88] and I bloody loved it.
- I am obsessed with all things Japanese.
- I have several tattoos and some of them are quite big.
- I just started wearing a watch after about 15 years without one.
- I used to be a cat person until I owned a dog.
- People think I’m brave and adventurous but I think they are completely relative terms.
- I have a BA in Information Technology and I started my career programming software at a bank.
- I am a completely hopeless romantic. Utterly hopeless.
- I look for something positive in every situation [my husband calls it the PollyAnna syndrome].
- I am very tactile and gesticulate quite madly when I talk, even when you can’t see me.
- I’m quite (very) clumsy (see above).
- When I walk around with my headphones in I imagine that I’m in my own music video.
- I used to consume books at an extraordinary rate (until I had a kid!) and love rereading my favourites over and over again.
- I lived in England for four years. I loved every minute of it but I was still happy to come home to Australia.
- I’m currently living in California although, like England, it’s not permanent.
- I’ll usually choose savoury over sweet. Usually.
- I think of my favourite foods in terms of the texture they have. I love crunchy things.
- I swear. A lot. But mostly privately.
- The more excited I get, the louder I talk [which can make the swearing all the more inappropriate]
- I am a terrible gardener [I kill with love] but I’m working on it.
- I could watch Doctor Who over and over again. And then again. And again.
- I am a self-confessed dork. And proud of it.
- I am trying to overcome my fear of spiders so I don’t pass that fear onto my mini-Weaver. Thankfully, California does not have the spider population that Australia does.
- I am definitely a gin and tonic girl. And a beer girl. I also love a nice mojito. [I’ll stop there before I look like an alchie].
- I am very loyal to the people I love and I love people easily.
- I tap my keyboard really hard and I don’t really know why. It’s clearly not necessary.
- I am really proud of the work I do.
- I just can’t seem to tick along at medium pace. I’m always putting more on my plate to see if I can do it.
Are we friends now?
I’d love to know some surprising things about you. Let’s get comfy and share!
The Copy Detective — Belinda