Where in the world are you writing from? I’m an Aussie in California. Kate is a Brit in Australia. Kira Hug is an American in, well, America. Are our copywriting lives different? That’s what we dig into in this new podcast episode.
Kira Hug is a Brooklyn-based conversion copywriter who takes your copy seriously—but doesn’t take herself too seriously. In a past life, she worked with global brands like Estee Lauder and venture-backed start-ups like ActionableBooks.com. She’s also the co-host of The Copywriter Club podcast.
Tune in to learn:
- How playing pirates helped boost Kira’s brand
- How Kira got started as a copywriter and her biggest challenges early on
- Where Kira writes
- What character traits Kira thinks makes for a quintessentially American copywriter
- Why Americans are so obsessed with conversion copywriting
- Kira’s go to resources for conversion copywriting
- Why Kate loves her naked chainsaw man
Listen to the show
And thanks to Chief White Rabbit for a fantastic review of the show.
Belinda and Kate (your Hot Copy hosts)