How much attention to you pay to how you format your copy for clients? If you just blat your words on the page and think it’s up to any designers to worry about formatting, you’re wrong. Lucky for you, we’re here to help.
Today we’re talking about formatting. Some listeners may wonder about this. Talking about formatting. Not even writing. Just formatting.
But how you present your copy to clients will have a huge influence on how well they receive it. And clever formatting can make your copywriting a lot more readable to the end audience as well.
In this episode, Kate and Belinda share their thoughts and some pro-formatting tips for more readable copywriting.
Tune to learn:
- Why formatting is so damned important
- Fonts, sizes and spacing: our recommendations
- Clever formatting tricks to give your words more impact
- Good and bad list writing
- The biggest formatting mistakes new copywriting make
You can also listen on:
And thanks to Christina Tolstrup for your review of the show. We appreciate it!
Resources from the pod:
- What is a copy deck
- How to write a copy deck in five easy steps
- The smart copywriter’s guide to copy decks
- Buy a copy deck template
- F shaped pattern article
- What is an interrobang
- SumoMe (Belinda’s heat map widget)
The Copy Detective